I have always wanted a dress with little stars on it. I had seen a few dresses with stars and wished I had one. Now I do. I used my severely altered Elizabeth dress pattern from Burdastyle. I also took the sleeve pattern from a Mccall’s pattern (5971). I really love the sleeves. I’ve been trying to perfect the fit of the pattern. Every time I make it I notice something else that is off. This is my latest make of same pattern different fabric. It is my favorite dress. The fit is pretty good and it is very comfortable. A dress would be useless if it didn’t have pockets. These pockets are huge, which is exactly what I wanted.
I lined the bodice and the sleeves. I didn’t have any dark fabric, or fabric leftovers of the starry fabric, so I used white muslin, eep. It’s ok, I think. I does show a little on the underside of the sleeves, and, of course, my “hidden” pockets, aren’t very hidden. Oh well, whatevs. I seriously miss Hancock’s. That is where I would buy all of my lining from. Boo hoo.
I always wear it with my petticoat. I made the petticoat from cotton muslin. Since it is cotton, it is nice and comfortable, and clings to the dress fabric. This means, on windy days my skirt doesn’t fly up as much. You can see it peeking in the front in the picture. My husband took the picture at Balboa park in San Diego. It’s so pretty there.
I want a few more starry dresses. I see a constellation and hopefully a glow in the dark on my fabric wish list.
I do wish I had selected a different pattern. After I made it, I had visions of something more interesting. I’ll just have to hunt for more fabric like this.
This dress has the best fit so far. Now I might concentrate on another Cambie wannabe, some princess seams, sun dresses or maybe I’ll keep making this pattern over and over.
I have already worn this dress for a while. I live in these last four dresses I’ve sewn.