I ran across the strawberry fabric on clearance at Walmart. I was super happy since it was $1 a yard. I bought 5 yards. I think I used 2 to make this dress.
I used New Look 6048. I did modify it slightly just like my muslin. I didn’t fold the contrast piece over, I just sewed it on top. It would have been too low for me to sew it that way.
The sewing was quick and easy. I used a size 10 and used a larger seam allowance where I needed and less where I didn’t. I prefer a smaller seam allowance on my princess seams, otherwise they end up puckering and being weird, even if I cut them after they are stitched. I also made this dress a lot more fitted than I usually make them. Most of my previous dresses have about a 2-3 inch ease around the belly. That is usually enough to make me look bigger, but, they are much cooler to wear.
Anyway, I am in love with the finished dress. It is one of the few dresses the husband actually likes.