I was in a rush and decided to use the Elizabeth dress bodice again but change the neckline and add sleeves. I tried to add bow sleeves. I also decided to add a side zipper instead, so I wouldn’t have to try to match the print. The fabric was wide enough to allow me to do this with both bodice pieces next to each other, woohoo!!!! For the first time ever, I might actually have enough to make a skirt! Bonus!
I left the bodice a little on the large side. After a few washes it will shrink a little more. I noticed that happened with my Star Trek dress and my Doctor Who comic dress. I did prewash all fabrics, but they keep shrinking. I’ve been keeping the Comic dress out of the dryer lately.
Not much else to say. I do really like this dress quite a lot. Of course it has pockets.
On another note, we went on vacation to San Diego, and of course I bought way too much fabric, so, I’m planning to make 1 garment per week at least until the end of this year. Since the weather is still nice, I will likely make dresses next. For the “Winter” I will probably fill my closet with knit dresses. The thick textured knits I found at the swap meet. Oh and I also bought some neoprene. The price was a steal, I should have bought it all, all, all. I will probably regret it someday. The below pictures are just a tiny bit of the fabric I got. I think I can’t fit it all in one picture, even if I neatly set it on the floor. It would probably take 5 pictures. I blew my entire budget.