New Look 6048 – Strawberry Dress

I ran across the strawberry fabric on clearance at Walmart.  I was super happy since it was $1 a yard.  I bought 5 yards.  I think I used 2 to make this dress.

I used New Look 6048.  I did modify it slightly just like my muslin.  I didn’t fold the contrast piece over, I just sewed it on top.  It would have been too low for me to sew it that way.

The sewing was quick and easy.  I used a size 10 and used a larger seam allowance where I needed and less where I didn’t.  I prefer a smaller seam allowance on my princess seams, otherwise they end up puckering and being weird, even if I cut them after they are stitched.  I also made this dress a lot more fitted than I usually make them.  Most of my previous dresses have about a 2-3 inch ease around the belly.  That is usually enough to make me look bigger, but, they are much cooler to wear.

Anyway, I am in love with the finished dress.  It is one of the few dresses the husband actually likes.

strawberryF

strawberryb

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s